Monday 20 August 2012

Beauty Swap with Mel! (PART 2)

Following on from Part 1, here are the rest of the goodies I got sent from Mel....


  1. Essie- Fiji / LOOK Beauty-Nail Pop¦ Bling
This combo has been my "go-to"nails this summer. Essie's Fiji was one I had be longing to get for a while now, and was so pleasantly surprised to see it in package! I'm sure most of you know what it looks like, but it is just a lovely milky baby pink. With a few coats it has lasted me a week, (and that's without a top coat!) This is my 1st nail polish from Essie and it does live up to its estimation in my opinion! Definitely worth the hype, and I can't wait to try more of their shades!
Essie 'Fiji', and 'Bling' (ring finger).


Bling, from LOOK Beauty with a few coats, is a really pretty intense glittery colour. The pink glitter, used as a top coat on any nail polish or on its own, is really pretty. I love the above combo! Again a wise choice from Mel as LOOK Beauty can't be got in Ireland.


       2. Impress Nails- Press-on Manicure¦ KISS& TELL 


Again another hyped about product, which I as yet haven't tried. These Impress Nails are raved about and I am looking forward to trying. I do sometimes like the look of false nails, but feel if not filed down, can look too obvious and "false", a look I don't like. I also dislike the thought of the nail glue on your nail bed, so these press on ones are right up my street! I'll let you know how I get on with them!


       3. NYX- Matte Lip Cream¦ Antwerp

I have not used this yet, but from the below swatch you can see how pigmented it is. It is a bright pinky/red lip cream, which is velvety to touch. I am looking forward to using this bright colour, to add a pop of brightness to any look. It is actually coming off quite red in the image but it is more pink than it looks!



LEFT- Yogurt. RIGHT- Antwerp


         4. NYX- Jumbo Eye Pencil¦ Yogurt

This NYX Eye pencil i haven't got to use yet either but is a nice taupe/champagne/pink-pearl colour, and I hope to use it as a base for a smokey eye, or on its own for a more neutral eye makeup look. I will let you know how I get on with them, as always, but I am excited to try the Jumbo Eye Pencils, which are literally loved all over the beauty community!


Mel thank you again for the opportunity to do this swap, and I hope you enjoyed it. 

You guys should definitely check out Melanie- 
YouTube- HERE
Facebook page- HERE
Twitter page- HERE
Instagram- @melwrightmua             

Check out her video of what I got her-

I really enjoyed doing this swap, and I hope you all enjoyed reading about it.

Sarah X
     

No comments:

Post a Comment