Saturday 22 December 2012

Review: Batiste Dry Shampoo¦ XXL Volume


I'm sure most of you reading this have either bought Batiste or have heard of it before. If not, it is a Dry Shampoo! What it does is, when we're having those days where we either don't have time to wash our hair or it needs a little freshening up, spray Batiste onto your hair, and you will be left with hair that is freshened up, like you've washed it! It does the job for the odd day here and there, but is not to be used all the time!!

Batiste XXL Volume

I have been super busy lately- preparing for Christmas, baking Christmas goodies, shopping, pampering my skin etc, that I have had to skip washing my hair for a day, every so often. When this day comes, where my hair is slightly oily, needs a wash, but I have no time to do the above, I call on Batiste!

I had been using the original one the odd day, here and there, but was not too keen on how it worked for me. Since then I have discovered another product in their range called "XXL Volume". This product I have loved more than the original one, as it smells really fresh, and gives something we all are guilty of liking... a bit of VOLUME!!

The Dry Shampoos from Batiste refresh your hair and get rid of any excess oil in your hair. I mostly apply it to the roots of my hair and then spray a little all over my hair. At first, this product does leave a white residue on your hair, but you need to brush through your hair and style it with your fingers to remove this residue. I assure you, you are not left with any white or grey residue on the hair if you ruffle through your hair with your fingers and brush through it after. Make sure not to apply too much as you could be in a bit of bother then!! There are more detailed instructions on exactly what to do on the back of the bottle, so if you do buy it, make sure to check them out prior to use.

The difference this one has, compared to the original is that this one provides volume to your hair. You will not be left looking like you have a lion's main, but rather a slight lift and bounce to your hair. It is really what I have been looking for, on those days in between washes. Whether I have straightened my hair or it is naturally wavy, the little bit of volume on top, does it for me. I then have a bit of volume on my roots, clean freshened hair, to take me through or tie me over till the next day when I wash it.

 One thing I will say is that, using Dry Shampoo, you are left with a slight 'textured' feel to your hair, which is not the most pleasant. It definitely doesn't feel 'clean' like it would after you washed it, but if you are willing to put up with the feel of your hair, until the next day when you wash it, this is an essential for your dressing table!

Batiste have numerous stockists around the UK and Ireland and all over the world. From your local supermarket to your local chemist/pharmacy. Also check out the whole product range here. They do Dry Shampoos for different coloured hair if you didn't want any volume, and you will not be left with any white residue if you use these particular ones. 

Dry Shampoo is a really great product to have on your shelf for those days and is great value for money also (approx. €3 a bottle!!) They now also have mini travel-sizes for your handbag! 

Have you tried Batiste? Have you tried the XXL Volume one? Let me know your thoughts!

Sarah
X

9 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I absolutely love dry shampoo to add volume and so I can skip a wash or two! I love your blog, it is so cute and you take great pictures, now following xo

    http://discountbeauty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a great 2-in-1 product! Refreshes your hair and adds volume! Thank you <3 I wouldn't say I'm that good, but I'm learning! I'll take that compliment though from you, thank you! Your picture quality is very good and I can tell you use very good lighting! ;-) X

      Delete
  2. I've never used dry shampoo as I wash my hair every day, but I think I might give this a try for the volume!! Just a quick question, does it smell nice?? I tried the VO5 texturising spray for volumising and omg it smelled like my boyfriends foot spray haha!! Awful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good in my opinion to wash you hair every other day. If you wash it every day, you are stripping your hair of its' natural oils, therefore it produces more, leading to greasy hair all the time! That's just what I think, but do what works for you! :-)

      Do definitely, well worth the few bob! Yes it does smell really nice, fresh and fruity! Smell the lid in the shop and you might get the sense of what it smells like!! :-)
      Let me know how you get on!

      Delete
  3. I love Baliste, never knew they had a volume one out too!!!!!!! :)) Can't wait to try this! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I didn't until one day,having a good awl root, I can across it! Discover the whole range!! Do try and buy, reasonable price, and let me know! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had so many different variations of Baliste dry shampoo. Currently I'm loving the cherry scented one. This looks great too, I'll get it next! Nice to see you're Irish like me too!

    http://annettibus.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yip me too! I've tried the Original and then this XXL Volume one. Haven't looked back since! Never tried the cherry one! Is it too overpowering?

      You gotta love us Irish! We are all here to support each-other in this blogger world! *AIR HIGH FIVE!!!*

      @SarahWhelehan
      x

      Delete