Friday 31 January 2014

FOTD¦ Simple Bronzed Eye

I recently uploaded a picture on my Instagram (make sure to follow me- @SarahWhelehan) of the makeup I was wearing/my FOTD (Face of the Day). It is quite a simple makeup look- ideal for everyday. I seem to always go back to wearing this eye look in particular lately. It's great for those mornings when you're in a rush and it looks really pretty too!
Here's how to create this look:

Face:
  • I started off with my Elave moisturiser and after about 10 minutes I applied my GOSH Velvet Touch Primer. I apply my primer using my fingers.
  • Next up was my foundation. Recently I've been trying out NARS Sheer Glow (my shade is 'Deauville') and I've been loving it! I've got so many compliments on it! I apply my foundation using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. 
  • After I've applied my foundation I apply some concealer/eye brightener under my eye area. I'm currently using the Illuminating Touch Pen from Collection (formally Collection 2000) Shade 2 Natural.
Eyebrows:
  • My first step in my eyebrow routine is to have them tinted, waxed and shaped. Recently I've gone to the Benefit Brow Bar to get my eyebrows done and I enjoyed my experience there and I'm really happy with the final result. Check out your local Benefit counter for their Brow Bar, or if you're in Dublin City Centre, check out their store on South William Street (right beside Grafton Street). So cute!
  • When doing my makeup myself I start off by applying some clear brow gel to my brows to try and keep stray hairs in place! I'm using the Clear Brow Gel from Collection.
  • I then go in with an angled eye brush and apply some matte brown eyeshadow to my brows to define and shape them a little more.
Eyes:

  • First up is to apply some eyeshadow primer. I'm still using my much loved Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I like to blend this across my eyelid using my fingertips.
  • For this particular Bronzed Eye look, I have been using one product and believe it or not, it is not an eyeshadow! To create this look I've been using my current bronzer- MAC 'Give Me Sun' all over my eyelid, blended with my MAC 217 eyeshadow brush. It adds a nice bit of warmth to your eyes and a bronzed eye is suitable for any eye colour. It just proves that our products we have in our makeup bag are not strictly to be used on one area. As in a bronzer isn't just to be used as a bronzer on your face. You can use it as an eyeshadow! And I use an eyeshadow to fill in my eyebrows! Don't be afraid to use your products in different ways! Experiment!!
  • I then applied a small bit of a light shimmery colour as a highlight under my browbone and above my eyeshadow.
  • I then applied some liquid eyeliner. I do love this one- Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner (001 Black) and I applied a thin natural line, along my lash line. 
  • Before applying my mascara I applied some eyeliner to my waterline and tightline, just for that extra bit of definition.
  • Before applying my mascara, I curled my eyelashed using my eyelash curler from No7 and followed up with my current mascara from YSL, and it's the Babydoll Mascara* in Black.
Bronzer/Highlighter/Blusher:

  • To finish off my makeup I like to apply some bronzer. Again I use my MAC 'Give Me Sun' to contour my cheekbones and for a bronzed glow, all over my face, using my Real Techniques Blush Brush.
  • I then applied a small bit of blusher to my cheeks. At the minute I'm using a blusher from E.L.F in the shade Pink Passion. Again I like to use my Real Techniques Blush Brush to apply this.
  • Finally to finish off I like to apply some of my MAC 'Hush' highlighter to the tops of my cheeks and down my nose.

It's as simple as that! I use a mixture of drugstore and high-end products and it is pretty easy to re-create. I really love this MAC Bronzer and I recommend it but if you can't get hold of it, try using your current bronzer!
Tweet me a picture if you recreate this look and let me know how you get on!

Sarah

X

6 comments:

  1. Great post Sarah! I cant wait to try this look with some if my own bronzers. It's perfect for a quick makeup look in the morning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawna. Yeah do! Let me know how you get on! It's great to have versatile products in our makeup bags! X

      Delete